Wednesday 13 August 2014

On The Needle : Flowing Lines

These days, knitting is keeping me mentally balanced. Yep, adjusting to motherhood is hard (and sometimes harder than I thought). Parents keep telling me that the first 6 months are the hardest, and yet others say it's between 1 and 2 years old that the "party" really begins... So I guess I'll just keep on knitting!




I started this sweater (Flowing Lines by Veera Välimäki)just before getting pregnant. In my baby knits frenzy, I put it aside. Now that my belly is back to its almost normal size, I feel like I can work on it. After all, I kinda deserve it ;) Plus, it will be a great sweater to wear this fall.



I didn't have any problems to hop back into the cable pattern, even after this several months break. Plus, Veera's pattern is really simple and well written, so even though the cabling requires a bit of concentration, the Malabrigo Worsted (colorway Dark Earth) and big needles make it go fast!






1 comment:

Kelly said...

I agree the first 6 months were the roughest. Once you get your sleep back things are a little easier to handle. I do however believe every stage has their ups and downs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...