Wednesday 18 January 2012

Handspun : Two Sisters Stringworks Hand Painted Roving

Seller: Two Sisters Stringworks

Fiber: Handdyed fine Shetland wool top, colorway Light Rain. Handspun on my Drop Spindle.

First skein: 83g/300yds, light fingering, 2 ply

Second skein: 22g/97yds, light fingering, 2 ply

I have to say, I am in love with my drop spindle. I bet that, if I had a spinning wheel, I would love it even more, but as for now, my drop spindle has a special place in my heart. Spinning only brings me joy. Which is not necessarily good, because now I always think about blowing my yarnie budget on fiber. A whole new world of possibilities...

What I think is really inspiring about spinning is that you never know for sure how the fiber will come out as a yarn. I just marvel at the colors twirling together, mixing. It's captivating.

Ok, enough talking, more spinning...

9 comments:

Chris said...

I LOVE their fibre! I have collected much of it over the last several years. Your handspun looks fabulous!

Ariane said...

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! The yarn looks just like I pictured it would look spun up - all misty and ghosty, just like a rainy sky.

And, not to enable or anything, but if you blow your yarnie budget on fibre, you actually get a whole lot more yarn for your money, plus many more hours of fibrey entertainment since you get the fun of spinning it first! It's actually a good way to stretch the fibre budget. Really. :-)

tricobsession said...

ouai, fait gaffe, je suis tombée dedans il y a un an, je viens d'acheter on deuxième rouet ..; little gem de majacraft ... et c'est furieusement addictif !

mais c'est tellement bon ...

knitalatte said...

So pretty. It looks like it would feel really soft.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I LOVE shetland...I bet that was a fun spindle spin!

Audry said...

I just love watching a braid of fiber slowly becoming a little thread, which can later be knit into a garment. It is just so captivating.

Erin Kate said...

Your yarn is beautiful! I can't believe you spun it on a drop spindle, what patience it must take!

Maryse said...

Have fun! And thanks for showing it to us who do not know how to do that! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...