Wednesday 9 November 2011

Random : Coastal Knits blog roll



Hi guys! Today I am more than excited to talk to you about what part I played in the awesome book Coastal Knits of Hannah Fettig and Alana Dakos. Those two amazing knitwear designers (and friends!) collaborated to create an array of wearable yet gorgeous patterns inspired by their respective coast, the West coast (Alana) and the East coast (Hannah).




How could I be more excited to part of this? Well, I don't know, I think this can't be topped. My Bayside pullover sample knit was beautifully photographed by the talented Carrie Bostick Hoge. When I saw the picture in the book, I was impressed by the beauty of the knit. Until I grasped that I knitted it. Then I was on the floor.


The pattern in itself is simple yet clever. The pairing of the design and the yarn couldn't be more perfect. The rope-y feeling of the linen yarn can be scary when you cast on, but once the sweater is long enough to try it, the lightness and the breathness (??) of the created fabric is just so summery. I might just need to open the book and knit another one...

Speaking of the book, if you don't already have a copy, go, get out, surf the web, order one! It is an absolute must. Not only is it a beautifully made book, but the patterns are all wearable. I tell you, a must.

Thank you again Hannah for offering me this opportunity to be a part of this book!

7 comments:

hannah said...

Congrats Ariane! That's my favourite sweater from the collection, I might have to cast on soon!

Annie said...

I too had thought that sweater stood out as being beautifully knit ... mega congratulations, you must be so proud.

Audry said...

Oh that is so cool! I was actually admiring that pullover this afternoon while flipping through my copy. I didn't realize you had been a part of making the book. And I'm glad you said something about the linen. I find linen a bit intimidating, but I might have to give it a shot.

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! Congrats :)

Evelyn said...

I can only imagine what a great feeling that is ... to see your work displayed so beautifully!

Maryse said...

I love it and I love your sample too! The ladies at our knit night mentionned they loved it a lot too! Very nice contribution!

Lina said...

How fun! I love that you knit this sample (I LOVE this sweater!). I really need to get a copy of this book as I haven't been able to yet. :)

-Lina
photoknitdog.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...