Thursday 19 August 2010

FO: Echo Flower Shawl



First, I have to say that I LOVE this shawl, and I LOVED knitting it. Despite all the nupps and the flower stitches. It's gorgeous and original. When I first saw the pattern (free!) on Ravelry, I knew I had to do it. I had this amazing yarn (Malabrigo sock, colorway Ochre) in my stash, and this pattern was perfect for it.


I used one skein of Malabrigo sock, and I had enough to make the shawlette version and bind off with 2 threads of yarn. I still have 13g left. So, if you ever want to knit this beautiful shawl, 1 skein is enough!


The first part of the shawl, the Flower part, is easily memorizable and easier than it looks. It's actually really fun to knit! The longest part is the border, with all the nupps, which leaded me to this tutorial, using a crochet hook. It takes a little bit of time, but there's no "purl together all 9 nupp loops on the purl row". Take time to save time!


I almost want to knit this pattern again. I never knit the same pattern twice, but I had a blast and the result is just amazing! And of course, it's Malabrigo...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That's one lovely shawl! Nice work!

spinndiva said...

Beautiful!!!!

Ann said...

Lovely.
There are many many nups, no wonder you figured out an alternate method.

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, and now on my list of things I want to make for myself. Stunning, honestly!

Skein said...

LOVE! Great colour and a great one skein project.

Sway Knits said...

It's really lovely...will have to move it up my queue now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is fabulous.

Where the nodding violets grow said...

This shawl is beautiful. The colour really shows off the pattern. You've guessed it. I have added it to my queue.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! That colour is great and the pattern! There will be one in my house somewhen this winter.

My only question: are the ends slipping to your back when you wear it?

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen this pattern! I'm definitely putting it in the queue. Maybe hard to resist casting on right away....

Lindsey @ Yarnia said...

This is a gorgeous project -- and you took some excellent pictures of your finished one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...