Friday 16 April 2010

Dandy Neckerchief

Here is a reedition of one of my most popular knitting pattern, the Dandy Neckerchief! Enjoy!

This stylish, soft and light neckerchief will keep you warm during Spring and Fall! With its simple triangle construction, garter stitch border and ultra easy lace pattern, this cute little shawlette will fit the most television addicted knitter. Every weight yarn will do : a worsted yarn for the a warmer finish, a sock yarn for a more sophisticated look and a bulky weight for the artic countries! It's also perfect for a first-time-lace project!

Material:

  • 100g worsted weight yarn (here with Fibranatura Heaven, 50% merino 50% silk, 2 skeins of 50g, 125 yards per skein)
  • one pair of 4,5 mm (US 7) circular needles
  • one yarn needle

Gauge :

  • The gauge here doesn't really matter. Do as many repetition as you want to get the desired lenght.

Terms :

  • sts : stitches
  • k : knit
  • p : purl
  • K2tog : knit 2 sts together
  • sK2togP : Slip 1 st as purling, k2tog, pass slip st over k2tog.
  • ssK : Slip to sts as purling, pass the left needle in the 2 stitches on the right needle in the front loop. Knit those 2 stitches together.
  • yo : yarn over
  • Garter Stitche : Knit every row

Instructions :

1 - Cast on 5 sts.

  • Row 1 : k2, yo, k1, yo, k2 (7 sts)
  • Row 2 and every even rows : k2, purl every sts till last 2 sts, k2
  • Row 3 : k2, yo, k3, yo, k2 (9 sts)
  • Row 5 : k2, yo, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, yo, k2 (11 sts)
  • Row 7 : K2, yo, k2tog, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, ssk, yo, k2 (13 sts)
  • Row 9 : K2, yo, K2tog, k2, yo, k1, yo, k2, ssk, yo, k2 (15 sts)
  • Row 11 : K2, yo, k2tog, k3, yo, k1, yo, k3, ssk, yo, k2 (17 sts)
  • Row 13 ; K2, yo, knit until last 2 sts, yo, k2 (19 sts)
  • Row 14: K2, purl until last 2 sts, k2

Beginning of the lace chart :

  • Knit the first row of the lace chart as it is. Don't do any repetition of the repeat pattern. Do the 7 first rows.
  • Rows 8, 9 and 10 are all knitted and purled, except the garter stitch border. For row 9, don't forget to do a yo after and before the garter stitch border. Those 3 rows are making stitches for you have enough sts for the next repetitions of the lace chart.
  • Once you have done the first 10 rows of the lace chart, started back at row 1 of the chart, but do the repeat pattern twice and end with the pattern after the repeat pattern. Do rows 1 to 10 of the chart.
  • Started back at row 1, but add another repeat of the repeat pattern, and sofort as you go back to the row 1 of the chart. (Click on the chart to full size)

When the neckerchief has the desired lenght, do 3 rows of garter stitch and binf off as knit. Weave in ends. Block and lay flat to dry. The neckerchief will strech quite a bit when blocked. Mine mesure 1 meter x 57 cm (blocked mesurements). Don't be surprised if, as you knit, you found the piece really long (height). It is constructed as a triangle, not as a shawl. It is made to be smaller than a shawl.

Tadam! Now you have a wonderful neckerchief that will keep you warm! If there's any errors in the pattern, please let me know, I'll correct them right away!

©Copyright CARON-LACOSTE, Ariane, Dandy Neckerchief, Falling Stitches. April 2010. Please do not use this pattern for personal gains or for selling

23 comments:

A.C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YarnluvinLizzy said...

I would love to feature this pattern in our LY store Upstairs Studio. I would like to be able to show a copy of your pattern with a finished one on display with a card directing people to your website for their own pattern. Please let me know if this is ok with you,,, thank you in advance, Elizabeth

YarnluvinLizzy@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Please can you help me.There's something I don't understand.
is it rows 1 to 14 followed by rows 1 to 10 over and over ? Or just rows 1 to 10 over and over?
And Row 7 is different on the chart to what it is in the instructions.
Sorry to be obtuse , this is my first lace pattern.

stitchingupparis@sfr.fr
stitchingupparis@sfr.fr

notablyindigo said...

This was a wonderfully quick knit and came out looking great (though I knitted it on dark navy yarn, so the beauty of the pattern doesn't show up quite as well as I would like). I added in some copper-colored beads in every time I did row 6 of the lace pattern, which gave it a dainty touch.
Thanks so much for the pattern. :)

GongNone said...

Great Blog :)

Mike Morris said...

Just found your site and am already a fan! You have some beautiful things. With the 'dandy lion', I know what MY next project will be. mmorris25@nc.rr.com

Rebecca Thompson said...

I think I have the same problem as someone before me...are the written instructions and the chart the same pattern? Or do I follow the written and then repeat the chart over and over?

deb said...

I can't wait to start this one! I love reading your posts and also enjoy your cat and other pictures you post. Keep it up! deb

Kaytee said...

I am working on this project right now. It's my first time using a chart! Would you mind if I link to this from my blog? willknitforcake.blogspot.com
Thanks!

SillyDuffa said...

I have just started and am having the same difficulty as previous comments. Can you please clarify rows 11 onwards. Sorry to be painful but I am just a beginner and cant wait to complete.

mm said...

I am new to knitting and wonder where I can find the answers to the questions on the blog from Barbara on 9/18/2011 and Rebecca on 2/22/2011. And Silly Duffa. This is my first lace project.

Paula said...

Great pattern. I'm about half way through the project and I love how it's turning out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have bumped into this pattern on ravelry and fell in love with it instantly! Thank you so much for the pattern, it's my first lace knit and it's going very good so far, though the end is curling upwards, what should I do with it?

MahiganShkiizhig@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

hi, i love this pattern. But i am not good at all with charts. Do you have a written instructions fot this pattern? Please help.. thanks.. thunju@gmail.com

Krishansharnamprints021 said...

hi dear we are exporter.we have more top designs with quality.please  give your e- mail address ,i will send you my company profile with new design pictures.

Bufforp said...

can't read the small print for the lace pattern, please help! 

Ariane Caron-Lacoste said...

Hi! Normally you just have to click on the picture to make it bigger.

Kathy said...

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have no problem with the first 14 rows, and the 10 row lace section is easy. When I get to the repeat pattern section everything becomes a mess. Any suggestions?  

Melanie said...

Slip 2 sts as if to purl, pass the left needle in the 2 stitches on the right needle in the front of loops. Knit those 2 stitches together. ;)

Melanie said...

Sorry, this is for ssK instructions at the begining of your pattern: Slip 2 sts as if to purl, pass the left needle in the 2 stitches on the right needle in the front of loops. Knit those 2 stitches together. ;) I like it very much! Thanx for this pattern! :)

Melanie said...

Ok, I don't get the part with the "repeat pattern". Can you clearify this for me? Thanx!

Leah Morcom said...

Hi there
I was hoping that somehow you could convert this pattern to PDF format. I don't have a printer, so I email any downloaded patterns to my carer's computer and she can print them out. Because she doesn't have Microsoft Word on her computer, she is unable to print off any patterns for me that are just on a page, they have to be PDF formatted. I love this neckerchief. It's perfect to keep my neck warm in these waning weeks of winter as well as it being very stylish. I am quite happy to pay for it via PayPal. Thanks for your time. Oh and bravo for the beautiful pattern.

Beth Bishop said...

This is a great pattern. When I knit a ssk decrease I have always slipped knitwise. Is there a special reason why you suggest purlwise? Specifically, can you tell me how it changes the pattern. I started doing it knitwise then I saw that you specified purlwise. Luckily I had only just finished the first 14 rows when I discovered my mistake. Would it have made a large difference if I had kept on with the knitwise method? Have you ever knit the neckerchief doing ssk knitwise and if so, how does it change the looks of the pattern? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...